incubator-general mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: Is the incubator out of control?
Date Thu, 22 Dec 2005 18:55:32 GMT

On Dec 22, 2005, at 1:44 PM, Alan D. Cabrera wrote:

> I'm confused.  Are you stating that the Incubator PMC does not
> currently have the ultimate authority on who leaves the incubator
> and who does not?

Not at all. No one (afaik) denies the fact that the Incubator is
the final arbiter of who graduates or not. Instead, the
question is whether it also has the authority (and
responsibility) to decide who enters Incubation or not.

Deciding who graduates ensures that new projects have the
required IP clearance and community health to (hopefully)
grow and prosper, and to ensure the ASF stays on an
even keel. This is good and worthwhile.