incubator-general mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: "Closed for renovations" (was:Re: AJAX Toolkit Framework Proposal)
Date Wed, 21 Dec 2005 11:42:28 GMT
Le 21 déc. 05, à 12:01, Leo Simons a écrit :

> On Tue, Dec 20, 2005 at 04:49:29PM -0800, Martin Cooper wrote:
>> Some comments:
> <snip/>
>
> On Wed, Dec 21, 2005 at 10:54:03AM +0100, Raphaël Luta wrote:
>> To me it raises all the possible incubation warning bells:
> <snip/>

Same feelings here, I agree with Martin's and Raphaël's concerns.

> ...I feel a bit sorry for the Zimbra guys..

To me the right thing to do if you were an "outside" company trying to
join the ASF with a cool project, would be to build interest inside the
ASF first and to get to know each other.

In other words, if I were Zimbra (but I'm not ;-) I'd get involved with
some ASF projects where my stuff makes sense (Cocoon, JSF, Tapestry,
you name it) to show us how good that stuff is, and most importantly to
build relationships before coming up with a proposal where we (or most
of us at least) recognize no one.

(I hope) the ASF is (still) about communities, not primarily code.

-Bertrand