incubator-general mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: Is the incubator out of control?
Date Fri, 23 Dec 2005 14:27:59 GMT

On Dec 23, 2005, at 4:07 AM, Justin Erenkrantz wrote:
> That's the fundamental problem I have with this entire thread: people
> are trying to limit the growth or exclude projects.  How?  On what
> basis?

In my mind, there are 2 considerations: What is in the best interest
of the PMC, and what is in the best interest of the ASF. For
the vast majority of the time, the 2 dovetail v. nicely, and
there are no problems. However, it is possible for things to
conflict, and something that a PMC wants to not coincide with
the best interests of the ASF. Again, I would remind people
of the origin problems with Jakarta as an example.

I feel that the board has the responsibility to look after
what is in the best interests of the ASF. I also feel that
they have delegated this responsibility, as far as "monitoring
and regulating" new projects to the Incubator.