incubator-general mailing list archives

From Torsten Curdt <tcu...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT] Super Simple Site Generation Tool
Date Sat, 31 Dec 2005 12:35:38 GMT
>> Personally, I'd like to see if the Forrest folks can "redeem" the
>> product's
>> reputation here, and make people happy in a timely manner.
>>
> Incubator has been using Forrest for how long? So how long do you want
> to go on with something that seems to generate a lot of annoyance with
> anyone but you and the forrest committers (that is based on the
> comments
> in this thread - I see you liking forrest, and I see David and Ross
> trying very har at "damage control").

Although I am a cocooner I am really not biased here (honestly!)
...but I do think this whole discussion is a bit unfair.

Everyone blames the tool - I would blame the process (and the related
issues David pointed out)

As long as everyone has to have a tool locally to build and commit a
site in order to change *content*, people *will* find the tool annoying.
A smaller tool maybe less ...but it's *is* an additional step that
should
not be required. Period!

Could we maybe use the energy that comes out of this thread of
frustration
and concentrate on fixing the process instead?

cheers
--
Torsten