incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Is the incubator out of control?
Date Fri, 23 Dec 2005 16:38:31 GMT

On Dec 23, 2005, at 11:26 AM, Davanum Srinivas wrote:

> Hmmm...But the deal is if the PMC wants a change to its charter it
> needs to VOTE on it and formally adopt it.  right? AND if the PMC does
> not have one then it needs to adhere to the board resolution. right?
>
> You know where i am going with this, if you read between the lines...

There's lots of places to go with this :)  I guess we need to clarify
if we are talking about the charter as from the baord "Thou shalt do
webservices" which I do think is up to the board to change (in
conjunction with the PMC) or the project bylaws/guidlines setup
entirely by the PMC "We shalt to webservices in this manner...."

I believe that many projects do not conform precisely to their
project charter but still work in healthy and collaborative ways...

geir

geirm@apache.org