incubator-general mailing list archives

From Rich Bowen <rbo...@rcbowen.com>
Subject Re: Is the incubator out of control?
Date Mon, 26 Dec 2005 19:45:44 GMT
Niclas Hedhman wrote:
> On Friday 23 December 2005 16:23, Justin Erenkrantz wrote:
>> I'm all in favor of enforcing a strict embargo until the Incubator PMC
>> approves a proposal, an initial code drop lands, and the mailing lists are
>> created.  Until those happen, any active publicity claiming it to be a part
>> of the ASF is a flat-out lie.
>
> So, that means disqualifying for Incubation and no chance of moving the
> project to ASF??

It means, IMHO, that they don't yet "get it." Since the purpose of the
Incubator is to ensure that folks do indeed "get it", it would be
unfortunate to disqualify for entrance anyone who has demonstrated that
they don't in fact already get it.

So, no, I'd say that this does not disqualify them for entrance. It does
  mean, however, that someone must approach them and instruct them on
the ways in which their actions demonstrate a lack of getting it. It
seems that this process is already underway, via Ted.

--
Rich Bowen
rbowen@rcbowen.com