incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Jean T. Anderson" <...@bristowhill.com>
Subject Re: [doc] [draft #2] "How to graduate from the incubator" topic
Date Fri, 23 Dec 2005 23:38:04 GMT
Martin Sebor wrote:
> Jean T. Anderson wrote:
> [...]
>
>> What did I miss? changes? corrections?
>>
>> thanks,
>>
>>  -jean
>>
>> Incubator Graduation Check List
>> -------------------------------
>
> [...]
>
>>     [ ] Project updates the STATUS file to reflect graduation
>

> FWIW, references to the "STATUS file" have recently been replaced
> by "project status" in response to INCUBATOR-5:
>   http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INCUBATOR-5
>
> It may not be a bad idea to do the same in this document and perhaps
> also make the term "project status" a link pointing to its definition
> in the Incubation Policy.

Actually, the STATUS file was in the context of the repo move:

    [ ] Move svn repo from incubator to new location
        [ ] Project updates the STATUS file to reflect graduation

In other words, the STATUS file in the top level directory of the
project's svn code repository. But!  I'm seeing that some, but not all
asf projects have a file at (or near) the top of the repo named STATUS.
I think that was just how the derby mentor started the derby project off
and I was generalizing. Should I remove this reference to the project
repo status file?

And doublechecking http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INCUBATOR-5
against the updates to
http://incubator.apache.org/incubation/Incubation_Policy.html, it looks
like the incubator status file is
http://incubator.apache.org/projects/projectname.html . I had that on
the list as this:

     PPMC updates http://incubator.apache.org/projects/${PROJECT}.html
with link to new website location.

I think I should update that to this instead:

     PPMC updates http://incubator.apache.org/projects/projectname.html
with graduation status and link to new website location.

thanks,

  -jean