incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Jean T. Anderson" <...@bristowhill.com>
Subject Re: [doc] [draft #2] "How to graduate from the incubator" topic
Date Fri, 23 Dec 2005 17:12:03 GMT
Yoav Shapira wrote:
> Hi,

> Should this document include package name changes for Java projects,
> from foo.bar to org.apache?  (And similar namespace changes for XML
> files, etc.)

Good catch. The list I'm proposing for graduating out of the incubator
should really be named something like "Post-Graduation Check List"; in
other words, it's the steps a project needs to perform to move out of
the incubator.

Veriyfing package name changes would be a good addition to the "Minimum
Exit Requirements" in
http://incubator.apache.org/incubation/Incubation_Policy.html#Exitting+the+Incubator
.

  -jean