incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Jean T. Anderson" <...@bristowhill.com>
Subject Re: [doc] [draft #2] "How to graduate from the incubator" topic
Date Fri, 23 Dec 2005 17:02:16 GMT
robert burrell donkin wrote:
> On 12/23/05, Justin Erenkrantz <justin@erenkrantz.com> wrote:
>
>>On Thu, Dec 22, 2005 at 08:01:14PM -0800, Jean T. Anderson wrote:
>>
>>>Incubator Graduation Check List
>>>-------------------------------
>>>
>>>[ ] Move svn repo from incubator to new location
>>>    [ ] *** ? *** requests that infrastructure move svn repository
>>>Should it be made via email to infrastructure@ or Jira issue?
>>
>>Belts and suspenders.  =)  File a JIRA issue and email infra@.
>

> perhaps we could add a recommendation that whoever does this actually
> subscribes to infrastructure. it's important that new pmc's start building
> up a pool of people who understand how the apache infrastructure works and
> know how to keep up to date with changes in best practice (which ATM means
> read infra). hopefully, this may increase the flow of volunteers as well.

I think a separate doc topic should augment
http://incubator.apache.org/guides/general.html (or some other existing
page) with information on how to get started in the incubator. That list
should include mail lists that committers on an incubating project
should subscribe to to become aware of what else goes on at the asf
(general@i.a.o , community@ , ...) and what goes on behind the scenes
(infra@).

I'll initialize that doc topic unless somebody else beats me to it.  :-)

  -jean