incubator-general mailing list archives

From Sam Ruby <ru...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Is the incubator out of control?
Date Fri, 23 Dec 2005 13:34:45 GMT
Jim Jagielski wrote:

> On Dec 22, 2005, at 6:23 PM, Roy T. Fielding wrote:
>
>> On Dec 22, 2005, at 10:53 AM, Erik Abele wrote:
>>
>>> So nobody has the right but you do? Or how can your smack-down of
>>> the Tuscany proposal be interpreted?
>>
>> Because Tuscany was proposed to the incubator PMC (not another PMC)
>> and I do have a vote here.
>
> It's interesting to note that if Dims would have, as he suggested
> in one of his Email messages, to simply have the WS PMC vote
> on the proposal as is, and it would have passed it, Roy's
> concerns would have been totally moot. So no matter how good
> or vague the proposal, if voted on by a PMC, it's allowed.

A bunch of hypotheticals in there.

If the WS-PMC had voted to approve a proposal that was "empty of
significant content", then I would question the viability of that PMC.

But as it is, that never happened.  A draft proposal was created, it was
reviewed by others, updated, and the objection based on lack of content
was dropped.  That could very well have happened in the WS PMC as well
as here.

- Sam Ruby