incubator-general mailing list archives

From Sam Ruby <ru...@apache.org>
Subject Re: AJAX Toolkit Framework Proposal
Date Wed, 21 Dec 2005 02:37:10 GMT
Mike Milinkovich wrote:

[snip]

> (I appreciate that you were not directly engaged with Eclipse prior to this
> proposal being made public.)

[snip]

> The last talk we had with IBM concerning this project was on October 20th

First, thank you very much for posting posting here.  I'm confident that
together we can work through this.  Apparently, neither of us have a
complete history.

Meanwhile:

There is some code posted at http://people.apache.org/~rubys/ajax/

There is a proposal posted at http://tinyurl.com/9ctml

I posted why I believe that a single cohesive community centered around
a codebase with a single, liberal, sub-licenseable license would be a
good thing.

At least one ASF member has +1'ed that reasoning.

Care to make an equally concrete proposal?

In particular, why would taking Solomon's advice and dividing the child
in half be benefitial to anybody?

- Sam Ruby