incubator-general mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylv...@apache.org>
Subject Re: AJAX Toolkit Framework Proposal
Date Tue, 20 Dec 2005 15:14:22 GMT
Adam Peller wrote:
> AJAX Toolkit Framework Proposal

I'm quite puzzled by this proposal. As I understand it, its mainly about
a set of Eclipse plugins for Ajax applications and the Zimbra library
that, among other features, provides a set of SWT-like widgets.

Also, this proposal pops up right after I mention on members@ that
several projects at Apache are using or plan to use Dojo [1] and that we
talked about inviting them. I sincerely hope this is just a coincidence.

So the questions are:
- is the ASF the place for Eclipse extensions? I don't deny the ability
to _existing_ project to host their tooling, but this isn't the case here.

- why incubate an Ajax library that none of the current ASF projects
uses nor plans to use, unless I missed something?

Sylvain

[1] http://www.dojotoolkit.org/