incubator-general mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Incubate TMCg2
Date Thu, 15 Dec 2005 00:58:54 GMT
Stein, Neil S wrote:

>>To allow my team to manage an ever growing range of web assets, we have developed

>>a web based tool set to manage the entire web infrastructure.  Throughout the
>>development of the tool set, the idea of releasing it back to the community that
>>has provided me with so many wonderful tools has always been part of the project
>>plan.  At this time I would like to propose the adoption of the TMCg2 as an
>>incubator project under the ASF.

Neil, and incubator PMC,

* I'm happy to serve as mentor on this project.

* You mentioned an initial development community of approx 10 specific folks
   from 5 -different- organizations, I find that a promising start.  [Most of
   these contributions take some time to attract a broader community.]

* The scope of the project is impressive; it will be interesting to keep it
   sufficiently modular so that it scales to the user's interests and needs.
   [It seems the shortcoming of most such tools is that they 1) try to do too
   much or 2) don't scale effectively to attract a broad community.]

* The module has a tie to Oracle and future tie to MySQL - there are licensing
   issues about what dependencies we can distribute, but these issues can be
   addressed during incubation.

All in all, I vote +1 to accept this project into incubation, and I thank you
for offering this project to the ASF.

Bill