incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Starting a java specs project
Date Tue, 27 Dec 2005 17:25:19 GMT
Dropped jcp-open cross-post.

On Dec 27, 2005, at 12:00 PM, Hiram Chirino wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I think this would be great!  I know it's silly, but I get annoyed
> at the fact that many of the J2EE spec jars that I use from apache
> have "geronimo-" in the jar name but It's just the ASL 2.0 spec
> jars that I'm using and not really a geronimo implementation.  In
> general, I think that this would make a good TLP since it would
> provide a good area for cross project involvement.

I agree - I think also that it would be as good a TLP as any.  Very
specific charter, very clear goal.  That said, Henri had some things
to offer w/ Jakarta.

What we could do is do it in the incubator for now, get it going, and
then make that decision later depending on how we all feel...

geir

geirm@apache.org