incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Incubate Tuscany SOA Project
Date Sat, 03 Dec 2005 12:50:23 GMT

On Dec 3, 2005, at 2:34 AM, Justin Erenkrantz wrote:

> On Fri, Dec 02, 2005 at 11:12:15PM -0800, Roy Fielding wrote:
>> No, the proposal is all about SOA.  What you are saying is that the
>> *actual plan* is about SCA.  What I am saying is that the proposal
>> needs to match the actual plan, preferably a plan that is actionable,
>> rather than a statement of how happy the SOA community may someday
>> be.
> Absolutely agreed.
> As far as I can tell, there's nothing in the proposal other than vague
> hand-waving.  -- justin

It's isn't *that* bad.

It includes implementations - actual code - in C++ and Java of a set
of external specs (SCA/SDO) that are integrated with Apache Tomcat,
Apache HTTPD, Apache Axis and the contributors have a roadmap that
includes Axis2, Geroniomo, ActiveMQ, ServiceMix, Agila, Synapse....

So there's code and a conscious reach-out to other Apache communities.

I think the problem was that it never clearly stated early on in the
proposal "We have an implementation of SCA in two languages , want to
continue to work on it in the Apache style and work with other Apache
communities"  (And then follow with "mediate leading thought-leaders
to leverage synergy with other SOA stakeholders in WEB 2.0's
distributed marketplace ontology" to get the necessary buzzword
points.... )

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message