incubator-general mailing list archives

From Henri Yandell <flame...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Starting a java specs project
Date Wed, 28 Dec 2005 03:12:55 GMT
On 12/27/05, Alan D. Cabrera <list@toolazydogs.com> wrote:
> Seems like an oxymoron, community should be active, but the code may
> not, no?  How can this be?

Two ways:

1) The conversation that Brett mentions. General pan-apache Java
things. I'm a little worried about any authorization issues where only
an EG is able to commit. If they get quiet, the community would be
unable to make changes.

I agree with Brett on the worry about 'how do I do servlets'
questions. My recommendation would be to avoid a specs-users list
until there are people asking relevant questions. Just make a
specs-dev list to start with.

2) The commons community to the side provides a paralleling structure,
with hopefully much of the same people in both; people who do
pan-apache Java things.

Hen