incubator-general mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Re: Starting a java specs project
Date Sat, 31 Dec 2005 11:34:42 GMT
On Saturday 31 December 2005 07:36, Noel J. Bergman wrote:
> In any
> event, <...> an
> uber-umbrella isn't making sense to me, so far.

+1

Don't force things in place. To me, the most logical step forward is that most
"uninteresting, boring, stenography" of specs sits in Geronimo, mainly
because they were 'fed up' of the re-distro constraints imposed in the
licensing.
So, if there are duplication between Geronimo and let's say WS, why doesn't G
and WS work out on which side of the fence the 'copy' sits. And since so much
already sits with Geronimo, it would make sense to grow there.

For other specs, let they be at their natural home. And now when Maven folks
are getting around to use group names matching the codebases, each spec
artifact would be published in a deterministic way, without needing to
consult any "matrix"...

Cheers
Niclas