incubator-general mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <>
Subject Re: [RT] Super Simple Site Generation Tool
Date Sat, 31 Dec 2005 16:38:38 GMT
On Sat, Dec 31, 2005 at 01:35:38PM +0100, Torsten Curdt wrote:
> As long as everyone has to have a tool locally to build and commit a
> site in order to change *content*, people *will* find the tool annoying.
> A smaller tool maybe less ...but it's *is* an additional step that
> should
> not be required. Period!

As has been described by numerous folks already, the idea of having to
locally build and commit the site is not the problem that people are having
with Forrest.  Leo's described workflow maintains exactly that behavior.

I have seen very few people argue that the workflow is wrong.  The
prevalent comment is that Forrest is incapable of supporting that model.
Forrest's workflow is, well, I'm not really sure; but I know that it's not
what I want.  A "ForrestBot"?  A "staging server"?  In my opinion, none of
those should be involved for what we're trying to accomplish here.

So, no issue that has been raised means that a wiki is the answer.

Far from it.  -- justin

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message