incubator-general mailing list archives

From Martin Cooper <mart...@apache.org>
Subject The line between full incubation and IP clearance
Date Wed, 28 Dec 2005 20:48:01 GMT
Is there a well-defined line between these two mechanisms for bringing new
code to the ASF? Not having seen the code yet, I can't say for sure, but I
would expect the Oracle ADF Faces donation to be substantial, and include
a framework that ties everything together. I would have thought that would
have warranted full incubation, but it appears to be going through only
the UP Clearance procedure. See:

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/myfaces-dev/200512.mbox/%3c8b3ce3790512281044k7aa44090o8a35863f71717399@mail.gmail.com%3e

I'm new in Incubator-land, so I'm not altogether savvy about processes and
procedures, but wanted to ask about this one.

--
Martin Cooper