incubator-general mailing list archives

From Leo Simons <m...@leosimons.com>
Subject Re: FTPServer one more time
Date Tue, 27 Dec 2005 11:36:46 GMT
Sergey,

On Tue, Dec 27, 2005 at 02:04:36PM +0300, Sergey Vladimirov wrote:
> 2005/12/27, Leo Simons <mail@leosimons.com>:
> > If the people interested in
> > the codebase are not so interested in doing things the "apache way" and
> > want to
> > take it elsewhere, that is fine too.
> >
> I think it is possible to follow "apache way", but only if it is not dead
> end.

It ain't. There's just some work involved...

> Ok, then how is it:
> If until new year day we have no response from infrastructure peolple or
> other commiters, project is moved to sf.

I'm sorry, but that's just not so likely to fly. I think you're going to need
to try and "drive" the necessary changes yourself. The first step is probably
getting a mentor to help out (I suggest nagging Rich Bowen or Yoav Shapira
privately, apparently they have some cycles for this).

> Project continues to using apache mail list.
> Project starts to use sf bugtrack, cvs, page, filesstore, becose we haven't
> access to apache ones.

*If* the FTPServer community decides to move elsewhere, it should stop using
all ASF infrastructure resources completely.

cheers!

Leo