incubator-general mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Is the incubator out of control?
Date Sat, 24 Dec 2005 08:20:25 GMT
Justin Erenkrantz wrote:

> That's why this talk about limiting growth is so dangerous.  The foundation
> should go where our PMCs and our members want.  -- justin

I reckon that the way to handle it is to document our
processes properly. If each new podling got involved
in fine-tuning the content of the Incubator site docs
then we would quickly streamline the process for those
that follow. Everything would organically get easier.

A lot of time seems to be wasted in confusion about
what it means to be in the Incubator, how to get in,
how to exit, what needs to be learned before getting out,
operating principles, etc. We need some dot points.

The existing website content is a start, but it is in
dire need of attention. Thanks to Jean for the new energy.

-David