incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Mike Milinkovich" <mike.milinkov...@eclipse.org>
Subject RE: AJAX Toolkit Framework Proposal
Date Wed, 21 Dec 2005 03:51:06 GMT

> In particular, why would taking Solomon's advice and dividing
> the child in half be benefitial (sic) to anybody?

Interesting question. So your assertion is that all open source code should
be done at Apache and there are no reasonable scenarios in which another
open source community can or should attempt to co-operate with Apache?

I would point out that the "runtime at Apache and tools at Eclipse" is not a
new scenario. It has been repeated numerous times with great success for
both our communities and their mutual consumers.

Solomon has decided many times in the past. With a strikingly different
conclusion than what you are proposing here.