incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Mike Milinkovich" <mike.milinkov...@eclipse.org>
Subject RE: AJAX Toolkit Framework Proposal
Date Wed, 21 Dec 2005 03:32:25 GMT

> Hmm. I think your email is more puzzling to me than the
> original proposal :-) (A heavyweight java-based IDE for doing
> what's essentially designed as "lightweight" stuff...

Leo,

It seems that your understanding of the Eclipse platform needs some
updating. The Java IDE is definitely what we're best known for. But
underneath that IDE there beats the heart of a lightweight, OSGi-compliant
component system.

It's rather like saying what the heck is the Apache web server doing with a
JVM project? Similar to Apache, at Eclipse there is the original namesake
project, which has matured to a community with a significant number (50++)
of different projects.