incubator-general mailing list archives

From Sanjiva Weerawarana <sanj...@opensource.lk>
Subject Re: Is the incubator out of control?
Date Fri, 23 Dec 2005 07:43:11 GMT
On Thu, 2005-12-22 at 21:19 -0800, Ted Leung wrote:

> > Right now, however, all I hear is belly-aching by people who have not
> > been doing any of the Incubator's work, nor that of infrastructure,
> > so have little basis to complain about anything.
>
> I was the mentor and co-sponsor for XMLBeans, which graduated from
> the incubator, after being there for about a year.    As member of
> the incubator PMC, I feel that it is part of my responsibility to ask
> whether what we have is working for the foundation or not.

+1.

I too am on the incubator PMC and am mentoring 2 projects: Woden and
Synapse.

With a lot of due respect Roy, I think the argument that unless one
helps with infra one does not have a right to belly-ache is absurd. Not
everyone is infra-savvy and/or infra-interested. I refuse to accept that
not contributing to infra reduces Ted's or my contributions to the
foundation or the incubator.

I care a lot about the future of ASF and I have lots of concerns about
the incubation process and what it means to the ASF. I will pick up that
discussion on the members list.

Sanjiva.