incubator-general mailing list archives

From Sanjiva Weerawarana <sanj...@opensource.lk>
Subject Re: AJAX Toolkit Framework Proposal
Date Wed, 21 Dec 2005 08:33:55 GMT
On Tue, 2005-12-20 at 23:18 -0500, Adam Peller wrote:

> 2) The other subproject is Zimbra itself, but there may be other runtimes
> here as well.  As you say, the main goal here is to provide layers of
> abstraction to hide the traditional browser tricks and quirk modes to make
> browser-based programming more productive, and Zimbra does this well.

Did you really mean all of Zimbra or just the toolkit part?? I believe
Zimbra includes an email client platform as well .. and something
they're pushing with a dual license model (which clearly does not sit
well with us once code starts coming in from other contributors).

Thanks for the long explanation!

Sanjiva.