incubator-general mailing list archives

From Sanjiva Weerawarana <sanj...@opensource.lk>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Incubate Tuscany SOA Project
Date Sat, 03 Dec 2005 22:09:50 GMT
On Sat, 2005-12-03 at 07:50 -0500, Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:
> It's isn't *that* bad.

:)

Ah, now I remember the beating we got about Synapse .. nice to see other
family members get hammered too ;-). (I think the final word to us was
"you guys should've known better" ;-))

> It includes implementations - actual code - in C++ and Java of a set
> of external specs (SCA/SDO) that are integrated with Apache Tomcat,
> Apache HTTPD, Apache Axis and the contributors have a roadmap that
> includes Axis2, Geroniomo, ActiveMQ, ServiceMix, Agila, Synapse....
>
> So there's code and a conscious reach-out to other Apache communities.

+1.

> I think the problem was that it never clearly stated early on in the
> proposal "We have an implementation of SCA in two languages , want to
> continue to work on it in the Apache style and work with other Apache
> communities"

+1. Very concrete and non-grandiose.

> (And then follow with "mediate leading thought-leaders
> to leverage synergy with other SOA stakeholders in WEB 2.0's
> distributed marketplace ontology" to get the necessary buzzword
> points.... )

I'd drop this totally and leaving it for a veep quote for a press
release (and then you can add "to build shareholder value" to it ;-)).
The proposal does not get an more ASF mileage IMO by having this.

Sanjiva.