incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Roy T. Fielding" <>
Subject Re: [VOTE] @domain for Incubator mailing lists
Date Thu, 22 Dec 2005 01:13:14 GMT
On Dec 21, 2005, at 4:21 PM, Craig L Russell wrote:

> I'm still looking for an ISO 2000-able mechanism (repeatable,
> documented, understandable) to migrate the email lists in the
> incubator domain to the eventual TLP domain without losing threads,
> context, etc. I see that Cocoon apparently has merged their before-
> and after- graduation lists, but don't have any idea how well
> documented and repeatable that process was. For all I know, it was
> done by superhuman effort by one of the superhumans in infra.

AFAIK, I don't have superhuman abilities -- just a lot of scripting-foo.

It takes 5 minutes to move a list now, after I spent a couple weeks
working on the scripts to do it.  Nevertheless, I don't like moving
lists unless there is a good reason.  It is a potentially error-prone
process if something unforeseen blocks the move.

FYI, trailers are also hard to maintain because they go away
every time the list is reconfigured.  They also waste bits.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message