incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Roy T. Fielding" <field...@gbiv.com>
Date Thu, 22 Dec 2005 01:13:14 GMT
On Dec 21, 2005, at 4:21 PM, Craig L Russell wrote:

> I'm still looking for an ISO 2000-able mechanism (repeatable,
> documented, understandable) to migrate the email lists in the
> incubator domain to the eventual TLP domain without losing threads,
> context, etc. I see that Cocoon apparently has merged their before-
> and after- graduation lists, but don't have any idea how well
> documented and repeatable that process was. For all I know, it was
> done by superhuman effort by one of the superhumans in infra.

AFAIK, I don't have superhuman abilities -- just a lot of scripting-foo.

It takes 5 minutes to move a list now, after I spent a couple weeks
working on the scripts to do it.  Nevertheless, I don't like moving
lists unless there is a good reason.  It is a potentially error-prone
process if something unforeseen blocks the move.

FYI, trailers are also hard to maintain because they go away
every time the list is reconfigured.  They also waste bits.

....Roy