incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@apache.org>
Subject [discussion] JDO out of incubation
Date Fri, 18 Nov 2005 16:11:44 GMT
I'd like to propose that the JDO podling graduate from incubation.
I'll call for a vote if this discussion is positive.

They are about to do a release, and figure they'd like to do that in
their new home at DB rather than in incubator.

The active committer community is small, with a "legal diversity
factor" of 4 or 5, if you count me.

Committers
-----------
Craig, Michelle, Martin Zaun - from Sun
Matthew Adams, Eric Bendston - independents
Michael Watzek, Michael Bouschen - Techspree

(and if you count me, I have no legal relationship to any
organization above...)

They also have two very active contributors, who could easily become
committers (and probably will at some point after graduation)  who
are independent as well.

They have reasonable dev list traffic,  378 messages in Oct, 473 in
sept, 290 in Aug... with decisions made in public, and with no rancor
that I can see.

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/db-jdo-dev/

They hold conference calls once a week (not ideal IMO) but so far
that doesn't seem to disenfranchise anyone, and they publish the
minutes to the dev list immediately after the calls.  As far as I can
tell, there have been no complaints.

The status page : http://incubator.apache.org/projects/jdo.html

Anyway, I've notified the DB PMC before I posted this, and CC-ed them
on this mail.  If there are no complaints, I'll call for a vote to
both graduate JDO and be accepted by the DB PMC>

geir

geirm@apache.org