incubator-general mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: [discussion] JDO out of incubation
Date Fri, 18 Nov 2005 22:21:02 GMT
Hi,

On Nov 18, 2005, at 8:11 AM, Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:

> I'd like to propose that the JDO podling graduate from incubation.
> I'll call for a vote if this discussion is positive.
>
> They are about to do a release, and figure they'd like to do that
> in their new home at DB rather than in incubator.
>
> The active committer community is small, with a "legal diversity
> factor" of 4 or 5, if you count me.
>
> Committers
> -----------
> Craig, Michelle, Martin Zaun - from Sun
> Matthew Adams, Eric Bendston - independents
> Michael Watzek, Michael Bouschen - Techspree
>
> (and if you count me, I have no legal relationship to any
> organization above...)
>
> They also have two very active contributors, who could easily
> become committers (and probably will at some point after
> graduation)  who are independent as well.
>
> They have reasonable dev list traffic,  378 messages in Oct, 473 in
> sept, 290 in Aug... with decisions made in public, and with no
> rancor that I can see.
>
> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/db-jdo-dev/
>
> They hold conference calls once a week (not ideal IMO) but so far
> that doesn't seem to disenfranchise anyone, and they publish the
> minutes to the dev list immediately after the calls.  As far as I
> can tell, there have been no complaints.

We started this conference call as a way to coordinate the JDO expert
group Technology Compatibility Kit work, and figured that we should
invite the community to participate. The calls are advertised on both
the JDO expert group alias and on the jdo-dev AT db.apache.org alias.
The intent is to be inclusive.

Thanks for your support as we continue to grow and learn the Apache Way.

Craig