incubator-general mailing list archives

From Jeremy Boynes <jboy...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Question- [PROPOSAL] Incubate Tuscany SOA Project
Date Thu, 01 Dec 2005 04:24:58 GMT
Changshin Lee wrote:
> Quick question - Is the project going to be a JBI (JSR 208)
> implementation?

The design of the code we are contributing is intended to support
multiple container models. At this time there is an implementation of a
very simple Java container but some experiments have been done
integrating others, including Spring. There is no reason why we could
not integrate a JBI container, perhaps ServiceMix or Celtix.

The intention is to allow users to choose the programming model and
language most appropriate for their application - we need to be able to
do that to support the wide range of existing components that are out there.

Basically, while implementating JBI itself is not a primary objective,
integrating with an implementation would be an option.

--
Jeremy