incubator-general mailing list archives

From Martin Sebor <se...@roguewave.com>
Subject Re: [STATUS] (incubator) Wed Nov 16 23:55:44 2005
Date Mon, 21 Nov 2005 16:55:09 GMT
David Crossley wrote:
[...]
> The note that you have patched below is something
> that is listed under the "Resolved Issues" section.
> In my opinion that stuff should have been long ago
> moved to another file because it is old resolved issues.
> Those notes are not completely relevant now.

David, thanks for the feedback!

I'm not sure I understand exactly what you mean. (Or maybe I just
misunderstand the purpose of the Resolved Issues section.) Are you
saying that the guidelines listed in the section may not be relevant
anymore, perhaps because they have been superseded by new ones? If
so, I would certainly agree that they should be removed. In addition,
I would argue that a better place for keeping track of Incubator
issues (both resolved and pending) is in Jira. The status file could
then simply include a couple of links to Jira queries, one for all
resolved issues and another for all pending issues:

   Pending issues: http://tinyurl.com/d3qwr
   Resolved issues: http://tinyurl.com/7d2c3

> Lets backup a bit.
>
> You have raised two completely separate issues in the
> one email ...
>
> 1) The STATUS file for the Incubator project as a whole
> is way out-of-date and is confusing.
>
> 2) The requirements for each incubating project to
> declare their status, are misleading and confusing.
>
> These should be treated as two separate email topics.

Perhaps. I presented (2) as evidence of (1).

In any case how do you suggest I change the patch? Remove the whole
Resolved Issues section?

Thanks
Martin