incubator-general mailing list archives

From Martin Sebor <se...@roguewave.com>
Subject Re: [STATUS] (incubator) Wed Nov 16 23:55:44 2005
Date Sat, 19 Nov 2005 19:28:36 GMT
robert burrell donkin wrote:
> On 11/17/05, Martin Sebor <sebor@roguewave.com> wrote:
>
>>Rodent of Unusual Size wrote:
>>
>>>APACHE INCUBATOR PROJECT STATUS: -*-indented-text-*-
>>>Last modified at [$Date: 2005-01-20 01:12:13 -0500 (Thu, 20 Jan
>
> 2005) $]
>
>>It has been pointed out a couple of times in the past (see the posts
>>below) that this status report is out of date. In an effort to prevent
>>this from causing confusion in the future I would like to propose that
>>the incubator status file not be posted here unless it is up to date
>>and unless it has changed since the last time it was posted.
>

> i wonder whether one of ken's reasons for automating this posting was to
> encourage folks to keep the status up-to-date.

I suspect you are right. The problem is that it is not being kept up
to date and that people such as myself who are new to this community
and trying to learn have been confused by it.

> IMO it's better to fix the source of the confusion than to shoot the
> messenger.

That certainly wasn't my goal :)

> if you've found some errors in the status page then these
> need to
> be fixed. if you don't have the required karma then i'd recommend
> submitting
> a patch in JIRA.

I will be happy to put together a patch but being new here I'm afraid
I'm not sure that my proposed fix is correct. Let me post it here for
review before I put it in Jira. Comments are welcome!

Thanks
Martin