incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Roy T. Fielding" <field...@gbiv.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Incubate Tuscany SOA Project
Date Wed, 30 Nov 2005 20:43:27 GMT
As much as I would enjoy seeing two umbrella projects duel over
an amorphous set of marketing terms invented by IBM, I think the
ASF should be developing products, not architectural styles.
Although, calling SOA an architectural style would imply that it has
some constraints -- does anyone know what they are?

I think we need to reorganize around federations, but that's a
very long discussion that I have no time for right now.  We certainly
don't need more than one WS/SOA federation.

Please make the proposal specific to a single, technical product
line that has objective criteria against which you can make basic
decisions about what to release and when it is ready to release.
That way we aren't just sponsoring a bunch of individuals, each
working on their own solo project within an opaque mist of vague
relationships.

....Roy