incubator-general mailing list archives

From Enrique Rodriguez <>
Subject Re: [Ftpserver] Comments on the new code
Date Sun, 02 Oct 2005 13:55:04 GMT
On 10/2/05, Niclas Hedhman <> wrote:
> Now, Noel's suggestion for OSGi as the runtime platform is interesting, if for
> no other reason than it allows for hot deploy and reloads. But I think it
> would be possible to provide a BundleActivator and register the service(s)
> even if FtpServer does not require OSGi by definition, if the above approach
> is done well (again Jetty is an example of OSGi bundle on top of its API).

I believe I've now seen both OSGi and MINA (NIO framework) recommended
for the FtpServer.  Just to make you aware, there is a MINA OSGi
bundle in Apache SVN at:

As Niclas et al have recommended, MINA doesn't require a container;
this is an OSGi wrapper to register the MINA SimpleServiceRegistry
impl into an OSGi container as the ServiceRegistry interface, for use
by protocol providers.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message