incubator-general mailing list archives

From Rana Bhattacharyya <ran...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: ftpserver has broken svn directory on webserver
Date Thu, 20 Oct 2005 05:53:43 GMT
Hi,

    It is true that I have not checked-in the latest
generated project pages in SVN. The reasons are as
follows:

1. The website has javadocs. So do we need to commit
those things in SVN? I got few mails to minimize the
SVN footprint. So I did not commit the generated docs
in SVN. If I commit everything in SVN, slowly the SVN
size would be huge and it might be difficult to
maintain.

2. The site can be generated anytime from the source
code. Do we really need to put the generated doc in
SVN?

3. According to
http://incubator.apache.org/projects/ftpserver.html
the project site would be
http://incubator.apache.org/projects/ftpserver/. So
the path should be
/www/incubator.apache.org/projects/ftpserver

Please let me know the proper way to update site.

Thanks,
Rana Bhattacharyya