incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Roopa Trivedi \(rotrived\)" <>
Subject RE: Q about using secure FTP server
Date Tue, 25 Oct 2005 17:22:28 GMT
Commenting out socket-factory/address configuration parameter made it
I had to do the same for the pasv-address configuration also.
If this is necessary, would it make sense to mention this in the
configuration section.

Thanks again,

-----Original Message-----
From: Rana Bhattacharyya []
Sent: Tuesday, October 25, 2005 1:07 AM
To:; Roopa Trivedi (rotrived)
Subject: Re: Q about using secure FTP server

    Today I have tried using Jscape and it is working fine. Your
configuration file looks good except one thing - you need to comment
socket-factory/address configuration parameter. Please find the attached
configuration file.

There are few things I am assuming.
1. The certificate has not been expired.
2. You have selected Jscape "FTP/SSL (AUTH TLS)"
connection type.
3. You have specified proper configuration type (XML).
4. You have the latest binary distribution file.

The ftpserver project site was not updated. Now I have updated it. After
4/5 hours it will be published. The site URL is

Rana Bhattacharyya

--- "Roopa Trivedi (rotrived)" <>

> Hi,
> I'm interested in using the FTPServer located on Apache's Incubator. I

> have downloaded it and I'm trying the secure mode, using explicit
> security.
> I have got the Jscape secure client for the client piece, but when I
> run the FTPServer in secure mode, I get a connection refused error.
> I may not have configured the SSL parameters correctly in the
> configuration file of the FTPServer. Is there some more info on how to

> do that? I copied over the sample .xml config file and uncommented the

> socket-connection and data-connection.ssl sections.
> I assumed that since
> they all have default values, those should work. I have also tried
> various other combinations, uncommenting the whole data-connection
> section and not just the .ssl section, but nothing seems to work.
> Please clarify if I'm missing something. Any help would be very much
> appreciated.
> Thanks,
> Roopa
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: