incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Roy T. Fielding" <field...@gbiv.com>
Subject Re: a few steps before approving a project
Date Thu, 01 Sep 2005 21:06:22 GMT
On Sep 1, 2005, at 1:42 PM, Davanum Srinivas wrote:

> There was ONLY one press release...that was vetted by the prc@. Please
> complain to the folks there.
>
> There was one document (unsolicited) from Gartner. I've already
> personally sent a response with help from Justin and others (Thanks
> justin).
>
> So there is nothing left for to do for me other than keep hearing
> choice words, so i'll just stop and listen. Pile it on :(
>
> If there is something else i did not do, that i have control on, let
> me know.

I think you did all the right things when they needed to be done
and I have no need for anything more, personally.  I am just saying
that this kind of reaction should be expected, even if it can't be
avoided, and the right thing to do is simply improve the documentation
so that we can caution companies up-front rather than assume they
will play nice without any guidance.

I am generally opposed to any of the suggestions that we add
more constraints to incubation (aside from a general constraint
of no new projects, which I can understand for infrastructure
reasons alone).  What we need is more documentation, not more rules.

....Roy