incubator-general mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: a few steps before approving a project
Date Thu, 01 Sep 2005 15:39:04 GMT

On Sep 1, 2005, at 10:24 AM, Davanum Srinivas wrote:

> Jim,
>
> IMHO, Incubator CANNOT take a decision based on a proposal. A badly
> written proposal with best of intentions will not make it and folks
> will not resubmit stuff just because a similar proj got rejected
> before. I've always thought that the role of Incubator is to make SURE
> that a project is ready for becoming a normal ASF project.

Also, the Incubator has the responsibility to watch a podling
and determine if it should continue. Certainly this would imply
that it has the responsibility to do so at the start. Plus,
the Incubator has the responsibility for the "acceptance"
of the new project. I just think that a RTC policy is
better than a CTR policy for that acceptance, for the same
reason we do so with code: stability and reliability.