incubator-general mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jus...@erenkrantz.com>
Subject RE: a few steps before approving a project
Date Thu, 01 Sep 2005 17:53:58 GMT
--On September 1, 2005 12:28:13 PM -0400 James Carman
<james@carmanconsulting.com> wrote:

> So, does that mean that Jakarta Commons Proxy will have to go through the
> Incubator?  Right now, it's a commons sandbox project, so it's not
> officially supported.  The code first lived in my "syringe" project I
> created over at java.net.  It was all developed by me under the Apache
> License 2.0.  Will Commons Proxy have to go through the Incubator to get
> into commons proper?  Or, should it be in the incubator now?

The Incubator (with its delegated responsibilities from the board)
currently specifies that all external code imports that is going to be
maintained at the ASF must have a 'software grant' on file:

<http://www.apache.org/licenses/software-grant.txt>

Whether anything else is required is a decision for the Incubator PMC after
knowing more about the situation.  In a lot of cases, that's all that is
needed.

If any PMC is importing code to our repository without going through the
Incubator, then they are in violation of ASF policy.  -- justin