incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@apache.org>
Subject exposure of documentation
Date Thu, 29 Sep 2005 21:25:51 GMT
In Apache Harmony, we have a document that accompanies each
contribution that is a "Bulk Contribution Checklist" which we use to
ensure that the authors of a contribution are what we consider to be
"Authorized Contributors" http://incubator.apache.org/harmony/
bulk_contribution_checklist.html.

This is over and above the standard apache documentation of an ICLA,
CCLA, SG as appropriate.

For our first contribution, I turned it into a tiff, and checked it
in with the contribution and a little checklist I created that tracks
to see if we have everything.  For example :

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/harmony/enhanced/
contrib_archive/2005/jira/harmony-5

The goal with this tracking system is to be sure that we can easily
answer questions about the provenance of the code that gets
contributed from "outside".  (Original work created by working
committers in the context of the project just commit as normal...)

So the question is - is there a problem with stuffing the tiff in
there?  It contains the person's address and signature.  Now,  I made
sure that it was clear on the document itself the information is
going to be public, but now that all the pieces are in place, I'm a
little uncomfortable with this.

Comments?

geirm@apache.org