incubator-general mailing list archives

From Leo Simons <m...@leosimons.com>
Subject Re: The Incubator and Infrastructure
Date Fri, 02 Sep 2005 09:42:45 GMT
On 02-09-2005 10:55, "Henri Yandell" <flamefew@gmail.com> wrote:
> Leo's been behind a lot of design plans for that, and there's a CA
> tool looming on the horizon. An improvement here would be for someone
> (Leo?) to give us a better overall plan of what's requested and where
> it fits.
(...)
> But you're
> right, cornering Leo into drawing a picture of Infra, what bits are
> where and what bits can be automated would be useful.

Almost *everything* can be automated. Figuring out the where and the what
and the how is the challenge. Here's a list:

  https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/infrastructure/apworkflow/TODO.txt

> Leo, will you be at ApacheCon? :)

I even have a session on fallback to talk about all this stuff. If there
isn't a session there'll be a BoF or something.

No-one is claiming that the infra@ team has historically been all that good
at attracting or keeping volunteers (heck, everyone's just been real busy
keeping our infrastructure afloat!) or communicating "what's up" at any
given point in time. My original e-mail is just one of many steps me and
others are taking to do something about all that. We need help there :-)

If you think the way infrastructure is managed at the ASF needs to change,
by all means, step in and join the fray! If you think that, for example,

>> the infrastructure team needs to compile a list of
>> what committers, members and root must do.

By all means, please help make it happen! Step 1 is subscribing to
infrastructure _at_ apache _dot_ org, if you haven't already.

- LSD