incubator-general mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jus...@erenkrantz.com>
Subject Re: incubating jabberd2?
Date Fri, 02 Sep 2005 21:51:07 GMT
--On September 2, 2005 3:44:46 PM -0600 Peter Saint-Andre
<stpeter@jabber.org> wrote:

> recently Google have written implementations of the protocols). So the
> JSF is kind of like an open W3C or mini IETF and its work would not
> overlap in any way with the ASF as far as I can see.

Excellent.  ;-)

> The jabberd2 developers know about the licensing requirement and are
> fully willing to switch to ALv2. The number of contributors has been
> fairly small, with no long-lost contributors who would need to be tracked
> down etc., so I think the switch-over should be fairly straightforward.

Just checking to make sure that ya'll are going into this with eyes wide
open.

If you are looking for an ASF mentor, I would be willing to help.  My hunch
is that you'd be aiming for top-level status as I don't see any obvious
synergies with existing projects.  (Jabber's cool and I've been looking for
an excuse to learn more.)  -- justin