incubator-general mailing list archives

From Ted Husted <ted.hus...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Proposal for Tobago, an Apache MyFaces subproject
Date Wed, 31 Aug 2005 19:51:07 GMT
On 8/31/05, Sanjiva Weerawarana <sanjiva@opensource.lk> wrote:

> However, as the rules stand right now, if you have a PMC that has voted
> to accept the project then you don't even need a vote here; you're
> simply good to go.
>
> Yeah, I was surprised too but that's the rules as they are now.
>
> Sanjiva.

If that's the case, then let's wait 72 hours from my +1, and, if there are
no comments, then proceed with "sandbox incubation" of the Tobago code. Once
the software grant is on file, for simplicity, we can post the code to the
"sandbox" area of the MyFaces repository, but mark it as being under
incubation.

For simplicity, we could use the MyFaces mailing lists for now, and just ask
people posting about Tobago to put a [Tobago] label in the subject line. In
this way, we can get a better gauge of how the existing MyFaces users and
developers will react to Tobago.

We' can do the usual page on the incubator site, tracking our progress with
integrating Tobago with the MyFaces community, and when we are done, we can
let the Incubator PMC know we are ready to exit.

-Ted.