incubator-general mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jus...@erenkrantz.com>
Subject Re: The Incubator and Infrastructure
Date Fri, 02 Sep 2005 17:34:08 GMT
--On September 2, 2005 7:24:54 PM +0200 Erik Abele <erik@codefaktor.de>
wrote:

> Yes, infra could say 'no' more often or could simply shut down the
> services they don't want to administer. To be honest, I'd be fine  with
> this (and its consequences (people/projects leaving, flamewars,
> what-have-you)) but since I don't want to discuss this in hundreds of
> emails, I'll simply leave and let others take over. No harm done.

In addition to agreeing with everything Erik said, I'll add the following:

Publicity and legal issues can't be neglected or dropped the same way that
the infrastructure stuff could be (or is by necessity, due to overload).

The effect of letting bad stories fester in the media or ignoring a lawsuit
is a far greater risk to the foundation than not creating an account the
second someone submits an account request.  -- justin