incubator-general mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jus...@erenkrantz.com>
Subject Re: Recent Incubator proposals ( was Re: a few steps before approving a project)
Date Fri, 02 Sep 2005 19:21:44 GMT
--On September 2, 2005 11:54:50 AM -0700 "Roy T. Fielding"
<fielding@gbiv.com> wrote:

> Actually, I think Justin was fed up with the stdcxx folks.  The
> Gartner crap (which is always crap) just happened to come along
> at the wrong time.

For the record (since this is a public list), the stdcxx issue has now been
resolved to everyone's satisfaction.

But, yes, the issue with publicity is more than just Synapse - almost every
Incubated projects that involves corporations unfamiliar with the ASF (and
a few including companies that know us well) has had some hiccups with
publicity in some way or another.  It's part of the learning experience for
them.  -- justin