incubator-general mailing list archives

From Martin Sebor <se...@roguewave.com>
Subject Re: questions about PPMCs
Date Wed, 07 Sep 2005 15:20:46 GMT
David Crossley wrote:
> Leo Simons wrote:
>
>>Martin Sebor wrote:
>>
>>>I have a few questions about PPMCs that I can't find answers to
>>>in the documentation. Could someone help me with the answers?
>>>
>>>1. Where do I get the member list for a given PPMC (such as stdcxx)?
>>
>>There is a facility for that kind of info that Ken Coar provides at
>>apache-server.com but I'm a little sketchy on the details. The other one
>>is to ask apmail at apache dot_goes_here org (there's some ezmlm
>>commands to enter, see
>>
>>http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/infrastructure/apmail/trunk/README
>>
>>), but apmail is kinda busy so only ask if you've got a really good reason.
>

> The facility that Leo refers to is noted in
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/private/committers/docs/resources.txt
>
> There are notes in
> http://www.apache.org/dev/pmc.html#chair
>
> The official list of each PMC is in
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/private/committers/board/committee-info.txt
> but i don't know about PPMCs sorry.

Thank you both for all the links, they will be handy at some point.
Right now, though, it's the PPMC info that I'm most interested in.
In particular, I would like to know who the members of the stdcxx
PPMC are.

> Moderators can get the list of who is subscribed for
> any list that they manage by sending to
> {$listname}-list@...apache.org

Right. This is useful, but as Leo noted, the set of subscribers need
not be the same as (or even a superset of) the set of PPMC members.

[...]
>>>4. Are the -ppmc lists archived, and if so, where?
>>
>>yes (unless archiving is disabled, which is a Bad Thing). On
>>people.apache.org (aka minotaur) at
>>
>>/home/apmail/private-arch
>>
>>in "mbox" format.
>

> http://www.apache.org/dev/pmc.html#mail-archives

Noted, thanks :)

I don't have permissions to access the private-arch/ subdirectory
but, being a stdcxx-ppmc moderator, I can retrieve past messages
using the stdcxx-ppmc-thread.N ezmlm command. I suppose non-PPMC
subscribers should not (and will not) be able to view the archive
and that's fine.

Martin