incubator-general mailing list archives

From Berin Lautenbach <be...@wingsofhermes.org>
Subject Re: a few steps before approving a project
Date Fri, 02 Sep 2005 09:41:26 GMT
Justin Erenkrantz wrote:
> --On September 1, 2005 8:41:11 PM +1000 Berin Lautenbach
> <berin@wingsofhermes.org> wrote:
>
>> There are far more checks already.  To get a project approved you need a
>> full resolution signed by the board.  A better analogy would be voting
>> on a
>> new PMC member.  No PMC requires *any* input from anyone else to take
>> such a
>> vote.
>

> No, it's not.  The board always reserves the right to reject a PMC
> member. Don't confuse the 100% success rate so far for a rubber stamp.

I'm not - you are not reading me right.  For a vote on a PMC member, the
board is not involved but the PMC member is not yet ratified by the
board, and so is not yet a PMC member - *regardless of what the PMC
might wish*.  If the board says no, then that's it.  Doesn't change the
fact the PMC had a vote.  It just invalidates it.

Likewise incubation - you can incubate as much as you want, but without
the signoff of the board, you will never get to TLP.

Cheers,
	Berin