incubator-general mailing list archives

From "James Carman" <>
Subject RE: Commons Proxy Incubation...
Date Thu, 08 Sep 2005 03:16:37 GMT
Where do I fax the form?  There are no instructions on it.

-----Original Message-----
From: Justin Erenkrantz []
Sent: Thursday, September 01, 2005 5:07 PM
Subject: Re: Commons Proxy Incubation...

--On September 1, 2005 4:52:57 PM -0400 James Carman
<> wrote:

> Sorry to have hijacked another thread for this discussion, but the
> contents of that thread brought about the question.  Anyway, here's the
> situation.
> 1.	I developed all of the code myself while trying to come up with
> ideas of how we could redesign Jakarta HiveMind to make it lend itself
> more to configuration by hand (less XML good).
> 2.	My employer, a company solely owned by me (I'm an independent
> consultant), does not have a problem with the code being granted to ASF.
> If you guys need a grant signed and faxed in, I can do that quite easily.
> 3.	Yes, I am an Apache Committer ( with individual
> on file.
> So, should we officially go through the incubator just to make this
> project legitimate?  I apologize for not doing so in the first place, but
> the way we describe the "sandbox" makes it sound like a very informal
> place for us committers to toss around ideas/thoughts.

I would follow this set of guidelines:

Based upon your description, it should be as simple as filling out this
form.  (And sending in the software-grant.txt form.)

You might find wss4j a good example of a filled out IP clearance form:

HTH.  -- justin

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

To unsubscribe, e-mail: