incubator-general mailing list archives

From Leo Simons <m...@leosimons.com>
Subject Re: questions about PPMCs
Date Wed, 07 Sep 2005 21:08:35 GMT
On Wed, Sep 07, 2005 at 09:20:46AM -0600, Martin Sebor wrote:
> Thank you both for all the links, they will be handy at some point.
> Right now, though, it's the PPMC info that I'm most interested in.
> In particular, I would like to know who the members of the stdcxx
> PPMC are.

These should be

 * the people on the initial list of developers for the proposal that was sent to the incubator
and voted on by its PMC

 * the people that were added since

Off-hand I don't recall what the process for adding people to the PPMC is. I'm not confident
we have one. I'm sure someone around here knows :)

I also don't know about "official" records of PPMC membership. A "PPMC" is less "official"
than a "PMC". Its mostly a private mailing list with some people on it. A mailing
list which should not be used except for really sensitive stuff. And the people on it are
the people that'd have to deal with that sensitive stuff.

> >>yes (unless archiving is disabled, which is a Bad Thing). On
> >>people.apache.org (aka minotaur) at
> >>
> >>/home/apmail/private-arch
> >>
> >>in "mbox" format.
> >
> >http://www.apache.org/dev/pmc.html#mail-archives
>
> Noted, thanks :)
>
> I don't have permissions to access the private-arch/ subdirectory
> but, being a stdcxx-ppmc moderator, I can retrieve past messages
> using the stdcxx-ppmc-thread.N ezmlm command. I suppose non-PPMC
> subscribers should not (and will not) be able to view the archive
> and that's fine.

The people that have access to the files on minotaur are the ASF members. Probably the main
(I think, only) reason that this stuff isn't accessible to eg a list its
subscribers is technological hassle to make that work. I'm sure apmail could provide specific
mbox files to specific people on request, though the request probably should
be accompanied with a good reason :-)

cheers!

Leo