incubator-general mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Proposal for Tobago, an Apache MyFaces subproject
Date Tue, 06 Sep 2005 01:56:07 GMT
On Thursday 01 September 2005 03:51, Ted Husted wrote:

> Once the software grant is on file, for simplicity, we can post the code
> to the "sandbox" area of the MyFaces repository, but mark it as being
> under incubation.

When MerlinStudio was brought into Avalon, the codebase went via the Incubator
SVN, and we had no choice about that. Moving things around in SVN is easy, so
there is no real argument against it.

> We' can do the usual page on the incubator site, tracking our progress

This part is not optional.

s/can/will/

The above mentioned MerlinStudio had a very similar situation to Tobago, and
travelled thru the incubator in something like 2 weeks, including the removal
of a Hibernate dependency, so play the Incubator cards nicely and you are out
of here faster than this thread of discussion :o)

Cheers
Niclas